I find Henrik’s suggestions positive and practical. I hope you enjoy. Let’s truly relish, enjoy, love and sincerely care about the moment.
1. Eat slower. Make your lunch time a time of relaxation rather than a time to
just add to the stress of your morning. Try putting down the fork between bites to
slow down the eating.
2. Write shorter emails. 1-5 sentences is often enough.
3. Write emails only once a day. Batch and process them all at once all the
way to an empty inbox.
4. Learn about ways to keep stress down and try them out. Examples
would be mindfulness, setting human standards for yourself and saying no. A few
such habits can help you to drastically cut down on the stress in your life.
5. Give everything its home. Then you know where to put the item when you
have used it. You’ll know where to find it when you need it again. And you’ll
reduce the clutter in your home or work space.
6. Slow down and enjoy and pay attention to what is actually
happening today. Instead of just rushing through the day and always on to the
7. Spend more time with people who make life simpler. And less time
with people who make life unnecessarily complicated.
8. Look for advice from people who have been where you are. Learn
from people who have been in the situation you are in and had the challenge you
9. Break a task down into smaller and actionable pieces. Single-task that
first piece until it is done. Then do the same with the next piece. And so on.
10. Stop trying to please everyone. There will always be people who you
don’t get along with or that do not like you for some reason.
Background on Henrik Edberg:
Henrik Edberg is a 32 year old journalism major currently living in Sweden. In the past 7+ years he has immersed himself in the topic of personal development. “I implement what I have learned and I learn from my own experiments and experience and figure out how to build a better life.” Henrik is the creator and writer at the popular personal development blog The Positivity Blog. Each week he writes in-depth articles on happiness, social skills, productivity and health
He has written two books entitled, The Power of Positivity and 31 Days to a Simpler Life Course. They are designed to provide a guide to thinking about how we live our lives and living a more practical and positive life. In addition, he has put together three courses; The Self-Esteem Course, The Simplicity Course and The Art of Relaxed Productivity. “What I write about are things that have had a positive effect on my life. Some or maybe many of these thoughts and strategies may work for you too to some degree. We are all unique, but perhaps more importantly, we are all very similar.”